People in the olden times were still updated on the local news, and this was made possible by the “Town Criers.” Town Criers would regularly come to the villages, suburbs, or towns per se and announce the recent happenings aloud. Fascinating, right?
Town Criers Day Messages, Greetings and Quotes
Town Criers Day Messages
– Town Criers Day is observed on the 2nd Monday of July, commemorating the service of Town Criers.
– Not a lot of people in the olden times were literate and knew how to read. So, reading out the news to them was the only way to disperse information.
– A Town Crier was also known as a bellman as he would often bring with him a bell and ring it to draw the attention of the masses before announcing the news.
-Have you ever wondered how news was disseminated in the olden times when there was no print or electronic media?
-The practice of bellman was followed in the United Kingdom.
– While in France, the Town Crier would come with drums to announce the news.
-In Rome, the news was announced in the weekly market, set up once every eight days because this market drew many people, hence widening the reach.
– In Germany, an announcement was made before the day water was drawn from the rivers for brewing beer to stop people from urinating in the rivers.
– Even the selling of various goods here and there was announced in prior. This practice was carried out in medieval England.
A Town Criers’ job was not limited to announcing news only; he would also reveal why a person was hanged before his hanging, handle criminals, and was also involved in administrative work.
– Town Crier was protected by the law as he would sometimes bring with him upsetting news such as tax increases etc. and could easily fall prey to the agony of the ordinary people.
– It was a crime to hurt or harm the town crier.
– In modern times, with the invention of print media, the quality and content of news became pretty good.
– Town criers reached more and more people and became quite an essential part of human life.
– In the present day, the definition of news has changed. News channels and media platforms present opinions and propaganda in place of information, making our society chaotic.
Town Criers Day Greetings
– Grab a cup of tea, pick up the daily, and have the perfect start to Town Criers Day! Wishing you a very informative Town Criers Day!
– It was because of the town criers that people in the ancient era were educated enough to cope up with the generation.
– Hoping you get the just news always! Greetings on Town Criers Day!
– Remembering the news providers of olden times, I wish you a pleased Town Criers Day!
– Hoping you always stay updated on the various happenings of this vast world. Here’s wishing you an enjoyable Town Criers Day!
– Never miss out on the things happening around you! Happy Town Criers Day!
Town Criers Day quotes
“If you don’t read the newspaper, you’re uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you’re mis-informed.”
― Mark Twain
“I became a journalist because I did not want to rely on newspapers for information.”
― Christopher Hitchens
“The news isn’t there to tell you what happened. It’s there to tell you what it wants you to hear or what it thinks you want to hear.”
― Joss Whedon
- 142+ Death Announcement Wording Ideas
- Social Media Day Wishes, Quotes, Messages, Captions, Greetings, Images
- Positive Media Day Wishes, Quotes, Messages, Captions, Greetings, Images
- 227+ Best Wedding Announcement Wording Examples
- 229+ A.J. Liebling Quotes From Author Of The Sweet Science! (Images)
“Business, marketing, and blogging – these three words describe me the best. I am the founder of Burban Branding and Media, and a self-taught marketer with 10 years of experience. My passion lies in helping startups enhance their business through marketing, HR, leadership, and finance. I am on a mission to assist businesses in achieving their goals.”