Photography📸 is an art that touches the soul of the person taking them and the person looking at them. A good photographer tries to capture the moment that later becomes a memory that is treasured for a lifetime.
“Photography Quotes” offer a captivating journey into the world🌍 of imagination and vision. Through the lens, moments are transformed into timeless treasures, capturing emotions that words often struggle to convey.
These quotes celebrate the art of freezing time🕒, where every click encapsulates a story waiting to be told.
From candid smiles to breathtaking landscapes, these quotes illuminate the beauty that surrounds us, reminding us to cherish life’s intricate details with every snapshot
Famous Photography Quotes
-It does not take effort to find pictures. You just need to have an eye for it and put it all in order. All you need is care in your heart for humanity and human comedy and concern for what is around you. – Elliott Erwitt.
-It does not take labor to discover pictures. You just need to have a judgment for it and put it all in a sequence. All you need is precision in your heart for humankind and human humor and apprehension for what is around you. – Elliott Erwitt.
-It does not take pain to catch pictures. You just need to have a sense of it and put it all in a method. All you need is thoughtfulness in your heart for the human race and human wit and interest in what is around you. – Elliott Erwitt.
-It does not take labor to locate pictures. You just need to have a taste for it and put it all in an arrangement. All you need is precision in your heart for homo sapiens and human jesting and concern for what is around you. – Elliott Erwitt.
– Camera work is not something that occurs sometimes. One is time seeing things and placing them in the frame. It occurs all the time. – Annie Leibovitz.
– Taking pictures is not something that takes place sometimes. One is constantly gazing at things and setting them in the frame. It takes place all the time. – Annie Leibovitz.
– Taking photographs is not something that comes about sometimes. One is permanently perceiving things and locating them in the frame. It is going on all the time. – Annie Leibovitz.
– To learn good camera work, in the start, one has to see, analyze and witness light, composition, and motion again and again over time, in different locations, by different teachers. This is how photography skill is picked up; there is no shortcut to it. – Frank Van Riper.
– To learn the good skill of taking photographs, in the starting days, one has to perceive, learn and note light, composition, and waves again and again over time, in different sites, by different teachers. This is how photography skill is studied; there is no shortcut to it. – Frank Van Riper.
– To learn good photography, in the beginning, one has to look, study and observe light, composition, and gestures again and again over time, in different settings, by different teachers. This is how photography skill is learned; there is no shortcut to it. – Frank Van Riper.
– When you are clicking a picture, you have to be quick, like you are an animal hunting for your prey. – Henri Cartier-Bresson.
– Like an animal hunting for your prey, you have to be quick when you are clicking photographs. – Henri Cartier-Bresson.
– Like an animal is quick for the prey, you have to be quick too when you are clicking photographs. – Henri Cartier-Bresson.
– Photography needs you to be quick, like the way an animal is when hunting for prey. – Henri Cartier-Bresson.
– Photography requires the skill of being quick like an animal is for the prey. – Henri Cartier-Bresson.
– Photography needs you to be as quick as an animal is for the prey. – Henri Cartier-Bresson.
– A photograph should be like a child looking at the world for the first time. – Bill Brandt
– The sense of a child looking at the world for the first time; that is what a photograph should look like. – Bill Brandt
– The perspective of a child looking at the world for the first time; that is how a photograph should look. – Bill Brandt
– Looking at the world for the first time by a child’s perspective is how a photographer should make a photo look. – Bill Brandt
– You are not even close enough if your pictures are not good enough. – Robert Capa
– To be close enough, your pictures have to be good enough. – Robert Capa
– If you have to be close enough, your pictures have to be good enough. – Robert Capa
– If you have to be close enough, make your pictures good enough. – Robert Capa
– In order to be close enough, be good enough. – Robert Capa
– When you are leaving the location, then pack your camera. – Joe McNally
– Only when you are leaving the location, then only should you pack your camera. – Joe McNally
– Your camera should be only packed when you are about to leave the location. – Joe McNally
– Stories that cannot be put into words are captured in a lens. – Destin Sparks
– Photos are taken because you cannot put everything in words. – Destin Sparks
– Everything cannot be put in words; you need photographs there. – Destin Sparks
– All stories can not be put into words; there, we take photographs. – Destin Sparks
– Humanity of the moment is something that photography must contain in itself. – Robert Frank
– Photograph should be taken in such a way that it contains the humanity of the moment. – Robert Frank
– Photographs must be able to capture the humanity of the moment. – Robert Frank
– Humanity of the moment is something photography must be able to contain completely. – Robert Frank
– Long after you have forgotten things, photographs are the best way to remember the tiniest of details. It is the way of touching, feeling, and remembering as what you capture is caught on a film forever. – Aaron Siskind
– The tiniest detail can be remembered by capturing them in photographs. It contains the long-forgotten things that need to be felt, touched, and remembered and are best captured with a lens of a camera. – Aaron Siskind
– With photographs, you can understand what our life means to us. – Ralph Hattersley
– If you want to understand what our life means to us, you can look at photographs. – Ralph Hattersley
– To understand what life means to us, look at photographs. – Ralph Hattersley
– What life means to us can be best understood by photographs. – Ralph Hattersley
– Making a picture of a person is one thing; making their portrait is completely a different thing. – Paul Caponigro
– Picture of a person is a different thing. Taking a portrait show who they really are. – Paul Caponigro
– People might change, but pictures never do. – Andy Warhol
– The best part about pictures is that they never change, even when people do. – Andy Warhol
– Pictures never change. People do. – Andy Warhol
– Photography is more about observing than about capturing. It is not what you see in any ordinary place but how you see it in an extraordinary way. – Elliott Erwitt
– The way you see ordinary places in any extraordinary way is what photography is all about. You need to observe keenly. – Elliott Erwitt
– What you want in reality is what imagination you capture in your camera. – Scott Lorenzo
– What is important for photography is how interested and compassionate the photographer is towards the people on the other side of the lens. The main instrument is not the camera but the person holding the camera. – Eve Arnold
– What is significant for photography is how fascinated, and empathetic the photographer concerns the people on the other side of the lens. The main tool is not the camera but the person holding the camera. – Eve Arnold
– What is important for photography is how involved and considerate the photographer is regarding the people on the other side of the lens. The main device is not the camera but the person holding the camera. – Eve Arnold
Inspirational Photography Quotes
-“If you are truly successful in capturing the pulse of life, then you can speak of a good photograph.” — Rene Burri
-“You don’t take a photograph, you make it.” — Ansel Adams
-“If your pictures aren’t good enough, you’re not close enough.” — Robert Capa
-“Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.” — David Alan Harvey
-“Taking pictures is savoring life intensely, every hundredth of a second.” — Marc Riboud
-“In photography, there is a reality so subtle that it becomes more real than reality.” — Alfred Stieglitz
–There is one thing the photograph must contain the humanity of the moment.— Robert Frank
-“Taking an image, freezing a moment, reveals how rich reality truly is.”
-“We are making photographs to understand what our lives mean to us.” — Ralph Hattersley
–“A thing that you see in my pictures is that I was not afraid to fall in love with these people.” — Annie Leibovitz
-“The whole nature of photography has changed with the advent of a camera in everybody’s hand.” – Sally Mann
-“I take the same picture twice. First, with my heart, then camera.” – Biju Karakkonam
Nature Photography Quotes
“The Earth has music for those who listen.” – George Santayana
“In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks.” – John Muir
“The best thing one can do when it’s raining is to let it rain and capture its beauty.”
“Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer – and often the supreme disappointment.” – Ansel Adams
“Nature always wears the colors of the spirit.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
“To me, photography is an art of observation. It’s about finding something interesting in an ordinary place… I’ve found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them.” – Elliott Erwitt
“When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.” – Ansel Adams
“There is no better designer than nature.” – Alexander McQueen
“The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.” – Dorothea Lange
“The beauty of the natural world lies in the details.” – Natalie Angier
“Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.” – Albert Einstein
“Photography takes an instant out of time, altering life by holding it still.” – Dorothea Lange
“Nature is painting for us, day after day, pictures of infinite beauty if only we have the eyes to see them.” – John Ruskin
“Photography is the story I fail to put into words.” – Destin Sparks
“A good photograph is knowing where to stand.” – Ansel Adams
Street Photography Quotes
“Street photography is the poetry of finding beauty in the mundane.” – Martin Parr
“In street photography, the smallest details can tell the biggest stories.” – Matt Stuart
“To me, photography is an art of observation. It’s about finding something interesting in an ordinary place.” – Elliott Erwitt
“Street photography is the art of capturing life, culture, and humanity in a single frame.” – Valérie Jardin
“Street photography is like fishing—the photographer has to wait for the right moment when the elements come together in a harmonious way.” – Alex Webb
“The camera is an extension of the eye; it’s the ability to see beyond the obvious.” – Garry Winogrand
“In street photography, you have to anticipate the moment and be ready to capture it as it unfolds.” – Joel Meyerowitz
“Street photography is about being present in the moment and observing the world with open eyes and an open heart.” – David Solomons
“Street photography is the art of capturing the essence of humanity in all its diverse and unposed glory.” – Eric Kim
“Every street is full of stories waiting to be told; the street photographer’s task is to find and capture them.” – Alex Coghe
“The street photographer’s lens is a passport to the human condition.” – Matt Stuart
“Street photography is not just about capturing images; it’s about capturing emotions, stories, and moments that would otherwise go unnoticed.” – Rinzi Ruiz
“The beauty of street photography lies in its ability to freeze a fleeting moment and make it eternal.” – Dirty Harrry
“A great street photograph is a little like a poem—it captures a feeling or an emotion in a single frame.” – Tod Papageorge
“Street photography is an exploration of life, culture, and society through the lens of spontaneity and observation.” – Eric Kim
Black And White Photography Quotes
“In black and white, you suggest; in color, you state. Much can be implied by suggestion, but statement demands certainty… absolute certainty.” – Paul Outerbridge
“Black and white are the colors of photography. To me, they symbolize the alternatives of hope and despair to which mankind is forever subjected.” – Robert Frank
“Color is everything, black and white is more.” – Dominic Rouse
“When you photograph people in color, you photograph their clothes. But when you photograph people in black and white, you photograph their souls!” – Ted Grant
“Black and white photography erases time from the equation.” – Jason Peterson
“I’ve been forty years discovering that the queen of all colors is black.” – Henri Mattise
“Black and white photography is truly quite a ‘departure from reality’, and that is its strength.” – Jack Dykinga
“Perfection is a lot of little things done well. Black and white photography is the same.” – Ansel Adams
“To see in color is a delight for the eye but to see in black and white is a delight for the soul.” – Andri Cauldwell
“Black and white can transform a scene into something magical.” – Rob Sheppard
“Black and white brings out the contrast in the subject.”
“Black and white can create a mood that is timeless and emotional.” – Mike Moats
“In the world of black and white, you can see people for who they really are.” – Ted Grant
“Black and white is not sad. Bright colors are what depresses me. They’re so… empty. Black is poetic. How do you imagine a poet? In a bright yellow jacket? Probably not.” – Ann Demeulemeester
“Black and white is abstract; color is not. Looking at a black and white photograph, you are already looking at a strange world.” – Joel Sternfeld
“I work in color sometimes, but I guess the images I most connect to, historically speaking, are in black and white. I see more in black and white – I like the abstraction of it.” – Mary Ellen Mark
“Black and white photography emphasizes form, tones, shapes, and textures. It strips away the distractions of color and focuses on the essence of the subject.”
“Black and white are the colors of photography. To me they symbolize the alternatives of hope and despair to which mankind is forever subjected.” – Robert Frank
“With black and white photography, what you are really doing is focusing on the essence of the scene, stripping away the distractions of color.” – Cole Thompson
“When you photograph people in color, you photograph their clothes. But when you photograph people in black and white, you photograph their souls!” – Ted Grant
Portrait Photography Quotes
“A portrait is not made in the camera but on either side of it.” – Edward Steichen
“The best thing about a picture is that it never changes, even when the people in it do.” – Andy Warhol
“A good portrait is one that says something about the person. We usually see parts of ourselves in others, so the good portrait should also say something about the human condition.” – Arnold Newman
“Every portrait that is painted with feeling is a portrait of the artist, not of the sitter.” – Oscar Wilde
“The most important element of a portrait is the connection between the photographer and the subject.” – Yousuf Karsh
“The camera makes you forget you’re there. It’s not like you are hiding but you forget, you are just looking so much.” – Annie Leibovitz
“A portrait is a conversation.” – Richard Avedon
“A portrait is not a likeness. The moment an emotion or fact is transformed into a photograph, it is no longer a fact but an opinion.” – Richard Avedon
“Photography for me is not looking, it’s feeling. If you can’t feel what you’re looking at, then you’re never going to get others to feel anything when they look at your pictures.” – Don McCullin
“A portrait is a puzzle where each piece is equally important, and the whole picture is incomplete without every detail.” – Mary Ellen Mark
“In portrait photography, the personality and emotions of the subject should be captured as much as their physical appearance.”
“A great portrait is the result of a collaboration between the photographer and the subject.” – Dane Sanders
“A portrait is not about creating a pretty picture; it’s about capturing the essence of the person.” – Lindsay Adler
“Photography is an art of observation. It has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them.” – Elliott Erwitt
“A portrait is not just about the person’s face; it’s about their story, their emotions, and their soul.”
“A good portrait is a reflection of the subject’s inner world, as well as the outer appearance.”
“The most important element in a portrait is the depth of character it reveals.” -b
“A portrait is not a mere visual representation; it’s a visual interpretation of the subject’s essence.”
“A portrait captures a moment, a personality, and a lifetime all at once.” – E. Loren Ipsum
“In portrait photography, the eyes are the window to the soul, and the camera is the key to unlocking that window.”
😍 Want to Read More, Explore 👇 This Article
- Photography Day Wishes, Messages, Captions, Greetings, Images
- 487+ White Aesthetic Quotes That Calm The Mind (Images)
- Photography Business: 16 About us Page Samples
- 494+ Aesthetic Black And White Quotes: Let Your Imagination Soar (Images)
- Black Cat Day Wishes, Quotes, Messages, Captions, Greetings, Images
“Business, marketing, and blogging – these three words describe me the best. I am the founder of Burban Branding and Media, and a self-taught marketer with 10 years of experience. My passion lies in helping startups enhance their business through marketing, HR, leadership, and finance. I am on a mission to assist businesses in achieving their goals.”