Sock Hop also known as record hop was an informal social dance event that became popular among teenagers in the 1950s. The Sock Hop was commonly held at high schools in which no shoes were allowed on the dance floor as the floor was of school gymnasiums.
What to Write on Sock Hop Invitation?
- Mention that the sock hop invitation is finally happening
- Make them aware that it wouldn’t be possible without them
- Mention that everyone needs to be present at that day
- Ask for blessings for elders
- Make sure that no one leaves without having food
How do you Respond to Sock Hop Invitation?
- Congratulate them on organizing such a great party
- Tell that you were super excited about it
- Don’t forget to bring your own set of fine music
- Shower them with love before you leave the party
We know that the revival of Sock Hop in the form of a party is no easy feat, but a series of invitation wording samples listed below might give you the head start you need-
Although, the dance did become popular in the 50s but it was introduced in the year 1944 by the American Junior Red Cross in order to raise funds during World War II.
Sock Hop Invitation Wording Ideas
- Who said Sock Hop was only for the teenagers to enjoy because it is an extremely pivotal part of our 20th marriage anniversary celebration. We hope to see you shake a leg on the (date).
- Although I wasn’t born in the 1950s but my soul is definitely stuck at the era of Rockabilly and James Dean. Hence, I have arranged a Sock Hop dance event on (date & time) and you have to come.
- Being Cool meant someone extraordinary in the 50s, much like my Sock Hop themed dancing party on the (date). It would be pleasure to see you dancing with many other “Cool” people at the party.
- It was the summer of 69 when I was born but it was the 90s when I first came across what Sock Hop dancing really is. So now you’re invited to my first ever Sock Hop dancing party on (date).
- Did you know most of our population had “classy chassis” in the 1950s and I assumed the reason was Sock Hop Dancing. So throw your dancing shoes because you’re invited to my Sock Hop dance event.
- The reason why we go back in the past eras to revive some lost arts because we are sick of living in the present. So if you want to go back in time, then come at my Sock Hop party on (date) at (location).
-As our daughter will be turning into a teenager soon, we have decided to throw her off with a 50s themed birthday party and Rock-N-Rock Sock Hop dancing. Your presence is indeed needed on (date).
-I wonder why we haven’t been into dancing for a while. Oh I remember it’s because we’re old. But everything is going to change on (date) as you are being invited to my Sock Hop dancing event.
-I can’t remember when was the last time all of us have used our every ounce of energy to enjoy life. Well, this is your chance because I am organizing a 50s Sock Hop dancing party on (date).
-You’re the only person in my life who was scared of prom night just because of ‘dancing’. Life is full of ironies because here I am inviting you to my Sock Hop dance party on (date).
-Although it is difficult to find guys with Hot rod cars and girls with their skirts and scarves but this is the theme of my 2019 Sock Hop event. Get yourself a nice pair of sock and dance your heart out on (date).
-(Name) and (name) are throwing a 50s themed party in honor of their grandfather. Please celebrate with them as they are bringing back the cultural phenomenon called Sock Hop dance.
-Well, we can’t dance around in our houses so our 23rd (Surname) Sock Hop dance event will be held at the nearby mall at (location) from (time). Please be there with your spouse and a fresh pair of socks.
– (name) requests the pleasure of your company on the Sunday evening of (date) at the (location) for the celebration of their child’s graduation as well as the old and almost forgotten Sock Hop dance.
-This time we are going to use our efficient time and energy into doing something enjoyable. Hence, you’re being invited to attend the Sock Hop dance party on the (date) at (location).
-It’s time we admit that boredom has officially hijacked our lives. So let’s take care of ourselves like our forefathers used to do it. You and your spouse are invited to do the Sock Hop dance on (date).
-Hello, my wonderful family of cats and kittens. It’s time to let go off your suede shows as there will be some Sock Hop dancing at the celebration of my grandfather’s 78th Birthday. See you on (date).
-We have gone past our days to be bad boys riding in hot rod cars while there aren’t any good girls with skirts and scarves. So bring your legs and a pair of socks at the Sock Hop dance event on (date).
-The thread of James Dean and Marilyn Monroe is extremely important for us to dig out as there is a very special Sock Hop event on (date). So put on your classic rags and enjoy the evening at (location).
-Just like in the 50s, you have to tell your Mom and Dad that you’ll be late on the (date) as your presence is humbly requested for the 50s themed party. We are celebrating (name)’s birthday.
-There is no shame in checking out the food section first in a party but for our anniversary party you’ve got to keep your stomach light as there will be some Sock Hop Dancing. See you on (date) (time).
-Don’t let the stress of work break your spirits to enjoy life to the fullest, instead break the dance floor with just your socks on at the annual Sock Hop Dance festival. The event is on (date & location & time).
-The life of the party and the preacher of the Sock Hop dance have to grace his presence at my Grandparents’ 50th wedding anniversary on (date). The celebration starts at (time).
-Even if you can’t dance, you can watch and then dance. One way or the other one have to shake their legs like the Sock Hop style at the Memorial Day Ball on (date).
-Once in a blue Moon, we have let go of everything and lose ourselves in the soulful rhythms of Rockabilly. So buy a durable pair of socks and attend the Sock Hop dance party on (date).
-The teenagers in the 1950s had their share of Sock Hop dancing and now it’s our chance to replicate the era’s most celebrated dance event on the (date) at (location). We’ll be expecting your presence.
-For some, dancing is fun while for others, It is a way to express themselves without uttering a word. So, in the upcoming Sock Hop dancing event on (date), you are welcome to be whoever you are.
-On the (date), you have the chance to travel in time and dance like a teenager in the newly established Sock Hop dance event. It would be an honor for us if you could be a part of it.
-Whenever there’s a Buddy Holly song playing out, some feet are bound to move with the rhythm. Well, if you don’t know who Buddy Holly is then you have to attend the Sock Hop Ball event on (date).
-Any kind of dancing event would be incomplete without you and your dancing feet. So be ready for the playlist from the 50s as everybody will dance the Sock Hop on (date).
- Dance Party Invitation: 151+ Best Wording Ideas (templates)
- 148+ Dance Quotes by Famous Dancers
- 226+ Famous Time Quotes That Illuminate The Meaning Of Time (Images)
- 50+ Best Wine Tasting Invitation Wording Ideas
- Dinner Party Invitation Messages: 250+ Wording Ideas to Write
“Business, marketing, and blogging – these three words describe me the best. I am the founder of Burban Branding and Media, and a self-taught marketer with 10 years of experience. My passion lies in helping startups enhance their business through marketing, HR, leadership, and finance. I am on a mission to assist businesses in achieving their goals.”