People go through different kinds of losses. Sympathy is something that should be given to people who have suffered losses. Here are some sympathy quotes by some great personalities.
Famous condolence quotes and sayings offer a comforting embrace during times of grief, reminding us that love💓 and memories endure.
These poignant words serve as beacons of hope, guiding hearts through the darkest moments. “Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy.”😊
These timeless expressions of sympathy remind us that even in sorrow, there’s a glimmer of light, uniting us with the cherished memories of those we hold dear.
– Pain should be embraced and used as the fuel of our voyage. – Kenji Miyazawa
– Let the grateful memories survive in the time of grief like a bird sings on a rainy day. – Robert Louis Stevenson
– Let the gratifying retentions live in the time of mourning like a bird hums on a rainy day. – Robert Louis Stevenson
– Let the pleasing recalls last in the time of sadness like a bird carols on a rainy day. – Robert Louis Stevenson
– Pain should be hugged and blazed as the energy of our expedition. – Kenji Miyazawa
– Let the pleasant recollections continue in the time of sorrow like a bird sings on a rainy day. – Robert Louis Stevenson
– Tears are holy. They do not mean one is feeble. They are the sign of power. – Washington Irving
– Crying is sacred. It does not mean one is frail. It is an indication of strength. – Washington Irving
– Pain should be held and flamed as the power of our journey. – Kenji Miyazawa
– Sobbing is blessed. It does not mean one is pathetic. It is the symbol of energy. – Washington Irving
– Weeping is revered. It does not mean one is weak. It is the mark of power. – Washington Irving
– If a day is well spent, it will bring a happy sleep. If life is well spent, it will bring a happy death. – Leonardo da Vinci
– To have a happy sleep, have a well-spent day. To have a happy death, have a well-spent life. – Leonardo da Vinci
– If you want to sleep happily, spend your day happily. If you want to die happily, spend your life happily. – Leonardo da Vinci
– When you are sad, feel deep through in your heart. You will find that you are lamenting over something which at a point of time was very dear to you. – Khalid Gibran
_ When you are grief-stricken, go deep below in your heart. You will discover that you are mourning over something which, at a point in life, was very beloved to you. – Khalid Gibran
– When you are mournful, touch the depth down in your heart. You will uncover that you are weeping over something which, at a point in a lifetime, was very prized to you. – Khalid Gibran
– People should be told that sorrow knows how to swim if you are trying to drown it by drinking. – Ann Landers
– Persons should be informed that grief knows how to swim if they are aiming to sink it by drinking alcohol. – Ann Landers
– Individuals should be notified that sadness knows how to swim if you are seeking to engulf it by taking alcohol. – Ann Landers
– If there is no shine, there will be no shadow to fall. Similarly, existence and demise and loss and possession are all the same. – Hillaire Belloc
– If there is no dawn, there will be no dusk to fall. Likewise, life and death and not having and having are all the same. – Hillaire Belloc
– If there is no gleam, there will be no dimness to fall. In the same way, being and passing and losing and owning are all the same. – Hillaire Belloc
– It takes dark moments to grow flowers. – Corita Kent
– If you smile in your sorrow, you will not be able to recover as much as you do when you weep. – Jean Giraudoux
– Learning something will be the best cure of sorrow. – Barbara Sher
– You need to treasure whatsoever is remained of life and your abilities after you have mourned enough over your physical loss. – Morrie Schwartz
– You ought to celebrate all that is still there of you and your skill after you have lamented sufficient over your bodily damage. – Morrie Schwartz
– You should cherish everything that is left of your being and your functions after you have grieved plenty over your material harm. – Morrie Schwartz
– We are here in the world so it is not our possible but our lone duty to grow our sympathetic compassion. – George Saunders
– We are here on earth, so it is not our thinkable but our first concern to advance our understanding of kindness. – George Saunders
– We are here on the planet, so it is not our likelihood but our only responsibility to develop our concerned care. – George Saunders
– You will have to have the strength to be happy in the face of sorrow because life has never been easy, and nor is it meant to be. – Dirk Benedict
– Joy and sorrow tell you a lot about yourself and your purpose in life. It is only by these one knows what that one should accept and what one should avoid. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
– Happiness and grief explain to you a lot about your own self and your fate. It is only by these that one distinguishes what one should take and give away. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
– Pleasure and pain express you a lot about your own being and your destiny. It is only by this one can recognize what one should agree to and what one should reject. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
– It will surely hurt deeply and shock you the most, no matter how much you train yourself to deal with the demise of a loved one. – Billy Graham
Check out the best thank you sympathy card sayings, that you can write to express your emotions.
– It will certainly pain intensely and jolt you to the greatest, no matter how much you make yourself ready for the decease of a dear one. – Billy Graham
Short Sympathy Quotes
– It will definitely ache extremely and blow you to the maximum, no matter how much you prepare yourself for the death of a precious one. – Billy Graham
– Only a mourner will about the joy that is found in sorrow. – Jean-Paul
– Tear is the dew of compassion. – Lord Byron
– Crying is the condensation of care. – Lord Byron
Sorrow should be felt. But sinking under its dominance should not be done. – Confucius
– Feeling the sorrow is fine. But one should not let it sink them under its oppression. – Confucius
– One should not get buried under sorrow’s dominance. Feeling it is fine. – Confucius
– One can feel the sorrow but should avoid getting buried under its domination. – Confucius
– Recalling happiness in times of misery is the greatest sorrow. – Dante Alighieri
– Greatest sorrow is recalling happiness in the time of unhappiness. – Dante Alighieri
– When unhappiness is recalled in the times of misery, that is the greatest sorrow. – Dante Alighieri
– There is so much trouble in the world because there is so less sympathy. – Oscar Wilde
– So much trouble of the world is due to so much less sympathy. – Oscar Wilde
– So little sympathy that is there in the world leads to so much trouble in the world. – Oscar Wilde
– Pain should be held close and burned as the fuel of our travel. – Kenji Miyazawa
– Silent language of grief is known as tears. – Voltaire
– What is known as the silent language of grief is tears. – Voltaire
– If anything that can be called the silent language of sorrow is torn. – Voltaire
– Happiness can be good for the body, but grief will change the power of the mind. – Marcel Proust
– It is grief that will change the power of your mind; happiness can only be good for your body. – Marcel Proust
– Something that will be good for your body is happiness, but grief has the caliber to change the power of your mind. – Marcel Proust
– You cannot share grief. Everyone has their own way of carrying their own burden. – Anne Morrow Lindbergh
– Mind refines and elevates as a natural effect of sorrow over the dead. – Washington Irving
– Mind polishes and uplifts as an innate outcome of grief over the deceased. – Washington Irving
– Mind enhances and grows as an effortless result of mourning over the gone. – Washington Irving
– Mind sharpens up and advances as an expected conclusion of torment over the departed. – Washington Irving
– Mind is only capable of good when it is capable of real sorrow. – Harriet Beecher Stowe
– When you bear and endure, sorrow proves to be good for you. – Ovid
– It is difficult to survive the loss of a person you love dearly. – Cristiano Ronaldo
– Grief will double itself if you keep suppressing it too much. – Moliere
– The hardest blow in life is the loss of a loved one. – Marlo Thomas
– The grief is there, and it will still be even if you do not go grieving all the time. – Nigella Lawson
– It is understanding and sympathy that ties two nations together, whereas interest may pull them apart. – Woodrow Wilson
– Always be sympathetic to others in your life, because you never know that your sympathy may be a support to the other
– Sometimes sympathy that you show to others also gives them the support that you are there to handle them
– Always remember that just a mere sympathy may not work for someone every time; you need to empathize also
– Sympathy is always undermined by empathy
– Empathy always undermines the sympathy
– Empathizing with someone is rather better to do than just sympathizing with that person
– When you sympathize with others who are in pain, it gives them a lot of support, and they rather get close to you
– Everyone has their own way of sympathizing and empathizing
– Always remember that you should first judge the situation then you should opt that whether you need to sympathize or empathize with a person in that situation
– If you actually learn to judge and understand a particular situation, then this is when you also learn where to sympathize and where to empathize with anyone who is in pain
– The person in pain and sorrow may have great support with your mere sympathy
– When you sympathize with someone who is sad and in pain, that person may get support from your sympathy, which may further help him to get over his depression
– Always stand to sympathize with other who is in agony and grief with something wrong that may have happened to him/her
– Your sympathy for others may turn out to be a kind of mild medicine to their sorrow and pain
– I always prefer empathy over sympathy
– I feel sympathy is merely a word, but one should always focus on empathy
– Always remember that one always have a better connection with the person in pain, only when one tries to empathize with the other, because every time your mere sympathy may not work
– When you feel that your sympathy for a person is not enough to bring him out from his pain, then take a step forward and empathize with that person
– When you empathize rather than just sympathizing then you actually put your legs in the other person’s shoes, and it is then you understand the true depth of his / her pain that they might be going through
Looking for more? So do check out the best sympathy card messages for the loss of a parent.
– I always hate the ones who sympathize with me, because I know I can very well handle myself and I need no one else around
Sayings For Sympathy
– Empathy is always the best tool if you really wish to understand anyone, rather than the sympathy
– One should never be a sympathy seeker and show never show off his / her pain and sorrow to the world
– Always remember that I hate those who be the one like sympathy seeker or gainer, who only wants attention from others around them.
– Always keep in mind that I like to be alone, so always keep your sympathy away from me
– I feel that the ones who sympathize with you are only that they do it with their words, they are never the ones who may take a stand for you originally
– Empathy and sympathy are the two tools that can always give a few moments of relaxation and can also help to overcome aggrieved from his / her pain and depression
– Always remember that one should always sympathize with the one who is sad and in sorrow because this sympathy can give a few moments of relaxation to the aggrieved person
– Sometimes just listening to the person who is sad, is enough to calm that person, here it is when just sympathy would work
– Always sympathize with those who are too broken, because you never know that if they would not share their feelings with others they made do something wrong to themselves
– Some people also harm themselves when they don’t have anyone around them to listen to them; here you can use a tool of sympathy and calm them down
– Always remember that your sympathy can also be a huge support and also a life savior to the one who is all broken in his / her life and looking for someone to listen to them
– Always keep in mind that sometimes only a hug and your sympathy to a person in problem can relieve him to some extent
Best Condolence Sayings And Quotes
- Some losses are irreparable
- Gone from the sight but will remain in our hearts
- Always remembering, not forgetting
- Life goes on with the memories
- Keeping them in our memories forever
- Nothing can compensate for the loss
- Condolences to the grieved
- Gone but remembered during difficult and happy times
- May the sorrow is overcome by the happy moments you shared with each other
- Offering you my heartfelt sympathies in the toughest hours
- Hope the pain you feel is overcome by the joyful moments
- Nothing can replace the love of someone with any material
- People are irreplaceable and that is what makes the pain greater
- Hope you stay strong in these tough times
- The body may have died but the soul remains alive
- You will always find him by your side during difficult times, not physically but emotionally.
- The bitter-sweet memories will get you through the tough times
- Healing might be a long process, but it is worth the time
- Get going through life during the darkest hours
- My condolences to you in these painful hours
- Hope my prayers and heartfelt sympathy help you ease the pain
- The ones gone cannot be brought back but kept alive in the memories
- Do not let the grateful memories die in this sorrowful hour
- Let the memories survive the pain
- Sending you thoughts of comfort, we get through all the pain and sorrow
- Nothing can take down the legacy he has left, and it shall continue
- In these difficult hours, I hope that your family stays strong
- May the one went rest in peace
- She may be gone, but she will always guide you in the toughest hours
- Really saddened to hear about your loss
- We all are with you in this difficult time of your life
- The memories shall live long
- Do not let the memories die with the person
- Cherish the good times to heal better
- Life goes on, and memories make it better
- Have strength, and everything shall fall into place
- Always by your side during the good and the bad times
- Never let yourself feel alone during the bad times
- The way he influenced our lives will never be forgotten
- Her teachings and values will stay with us forever
- Deeply sorry for the loss you have faced
- May the darkest hours be over soon, and you find yourself in a better place
- Find us by your side whenever you need
- We will never leave your side knowing the loss you are suffering
- No matter how hard we mourn, we can’t comprehend your losses
- He will remain in our hearts forever and ever
- She will be missed dearly, knowing how she made our lives better
- It was a pleasure to have gotten so much time to spend with her
- Losing someone you love dearly can be truly painful, I hope you get better with time
- Never take any moment for granted, for you never know when it might be the last
- This letter of condolence is for you to make things a bit easier
- Never think you are alone
- Good friends make sure to stay by your side and heal with you in the darkest hour
- We care for you and want you to know that we send our heartfelt sympathies to you
- Wish you a lot of love and prayer on your way
- Time will heal the pain you feel
- Trust in God, and the rest will go on
- Keep the one gone alive in your prayer and memories
- We are more than grateful for being a part of his life; he will be missed
- Our words might ease your pain a little, sending condolences with hope
- I pray that you get the strength to pull yourself out of the painful place
- Sending good and comforting thoughts your way
- Gone too soon but never forgotten
- Always with you no matter what
- You will find her beside you in difficult times
- Just a phone call away, you will find us whenever you need
- We cannot feel what you are going through but here are some good thoughts to make you feel better
- The deceased will be remembered always, in good or bad times
- Gone does not mean forgotten
- Life is unpredictable so tell someone you love them
- We care for you and will always look out for you
- Offering love and hoping to fulfill his dreams
- Take whatever comes your way and heal yourself each moment
- He might be gone, but his dreams are yours to fulfill
- Let there be good memories in the name of the deceased
- The state of denial will bring you more pain
- Accept, acknowledge, and move on
- We might not know what you are feeling, but we are here to help
- Find a friend in me whenever you need
- The loving memories of the deceased will give you hope in this hour
- Before we know it, moments slip out of our hand
- Hoping that in the middle of the sorrowful hours, the sweet memories bring you joy and peace
- We are here to surround you with love and peace when you need it the most
- Never give in and embrace what comes your way
- It is you and your thoughts that will decide how fast you heal
- His personality is what leaves a mark on us forever
- Hope you get peace
Inspirational Sympathy Quotes
“What we have once enjoyed, we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us.” – Helen Keller
“Although it’s difficult today to see beyond the sorrow, may looking back in memory help comfort you tomorrow.”
“The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.”
“When you are sorrowful, look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.” – Kahlil Gibran
“Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” – Dr. Seuss
“Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy.” – Eskimo Proverb
“Those we love and lose are always connected by heartstrings into infinity.” – Terri Guillemets
“The pain passes, but the beauty remains.” – Pierre Auguste Renoir
“What is lovely never dies, but passes into other loveliness.” – Thomas Bailey Aldrich
“When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure.”
My Deepest Condolences To You And Your Family Messages
– Our family will always stay tough together and will exchange in the path to discovering peace after this suffering.
– I am highly indebted to have exchanged recollections with him. His influence on our family will be missed.
– Our household will be different without him or her. I expect we can get comfortable together during this tough moment.
– Words will not be enough to do justice to the effect she or he has left on our household.
– The inheritance our father has left on our household is not matched by any words that can be put down.
– She or he made a distinction in so many existences. I am indebted to have been a part of her or his family, growing and learning from her or him.
– Where existences pass, recollections carry on always.
– I feel sorry to learn about the loss your family has experienced and expect to move through this tough period.
– We are very fortunate to have you as a part of our department and are sad to hear of your loss.
– We are very fortunate to have you as a part of our department and are sad to hear of your loss.
– Wish you comfort and peace during this difficult period.
– I feel very sad to have known about your suffering.
– Our department is with you and your family during this time of recovery.
– I hope this message finds you surrounded by compassion and strength.
– Please acknowledge my warmest comfort; I am sorry for your suffering.
– My heart is saddened to hear about your loss.
– Wish you consolation and peace during this period of grief.
– Please remember that you are in my heart and thoughts.
– Words will not be enough to reflect my sadness for your suffering. Please remember that I am on your side in this tough time.
– The happiness he or she brought to our existence will always be remembered.
– Please remember that I am here to lean on, comfort, and listen during this hard period.
– We hope it delivers you comfort to learn that we are celebrating the existence he or she lived and are pleased for his or her influence on our existence.
– Please receive my deepest compassion and comfort for your suffering.
– Hope this message will enable you to find comfort during this tough time of sadness.
– I am deeply sorry for your suffering. I hope you will find comfort in knowing I am by your side.
– Please know that I adore and care about you and will be with you always.
– It was a delight to be a part of this family. He or she will be remembered.
– We expect this message finds you surrounded by compassion and fondness.
– I hope time enables you to heal and brings you comfort and peace.
– The expiration of a dearest person is very hard, but remember I am with you through your suffering.
– We are very pleased to be a part of your existence and wish we could give strength and consolation during your time of sorrow.
– Bringing you lots of affection and comfort, I am very sorry for your loss.
– We feel very sad about the expiration of his or her. As you suffer, remember that we are honoring and remembering him/her.
– He or she will be recalled in many good ways with a great sense of humor and a big smile.
– We know your heart is suffering. We need you to remember that we are by your side.
– We celebrate the existence of him or her and are sorry for your great loss.
– Although I have no idea exactly what to say, I need you to remember that you are not alone in this tough time, and I wish you peace and comfort.
– It is not possible to express how much he or she meant to me. He or she always brought so much positivity into the existence of those around him.
– Our condolences to your amazing family and you.
– We will always cherish those fun times and recollections spent with him or her.
– What a generous and good individual he was. It will never be forgotten the way he adored and the way he laughed with every piece of his soul.
– Let the recollections of his or her existence give you the consolation you need during this hard time.
– Such a strong individual will never really be gone, for he or she has left such an amazing existence in us.
– My genuine condolences to your family and you. He or she was an amazing individual, and his death is felt deeply.
– Even though no message can take away the sadness that you suffer. Please remember that our heart is open to providing you with anything during this tough time.
– We are clueless about what you and your family must be going through in losing your closed one. Our hearts hurt for you and your family during this hard period.
– May God provide you and your family peace and comfort in your time of sorrow.
– We are praying for you to get peace and recovery through our God’s endless affection.
– Kindly receive my deepest consolations and remember that God adores you and can rebuild your strength, and provide you peace.
– He or she will always stay in our memories and hearts.
– If the connection between two individuals is strong, even expiration cannot be able to separate them.
– What lovely moments the two of you have shared. We can’t imagine the darkness you have suffered, but remember that we are here for you always.
– I can’t even imagine how demanding and hard this time is for you. Stay tough.
– He or she was undoubtedly a gem of an individual. He or she will not be forgotten for his or her benevolence in life.
– She was an incredible companion, wife, and outstanding human being. Sorry to hear about his death.
– Your partner was an amazing soul, full of love, courage, and much more. My deepest condolences to you and your family for the loss.
– You’ll never forget how it felt to be adored by him or her. We hope those recollections will give you some comfort.
– We are unsure what to speak in the face of such hard suffering. Just know that we care about you.
– He or she was very special, and he or she will always be with you in those beautiful memories.
– His or her caring nature, generosity, and kindness were contagious, and his or her recollection will live on always.
– Please remember my loving reflections surround you.
– Kindly accept these bouquets and hear the message I am not able to speak.
– My heart is filled with sadness.
– May these bouquets give a little light during this hard period.
– My prayers and thoughts to your family and you.
– We cannot completely convey the sadness we feel for you. Our thoughts are with you during this difficult time.
General Bereavement Sayings And card messages
One feels awkward writing a condolence or sympathy card. This is definitely not easy at all. When somebody loses someone, it can be hard to look for the right words to console them.
We did some research after exploring the web and using our contacts and cards has come up with some ideas.
Let’s discuss a few sympathy card ideas and messages, from simple ones to heartfelt wishes.
– We are sorry for your loss
– I am so sorry for this loss
– I hope you are surrounded by love. Our thoughts are always there with you
– I am always there for you
– With heartfelt condolences
– We are sending comforting hugs as well as healing prayers. We are so sorry for your loss
– With our deepest sympathy as you remember
– Holding you in our thoughts as well as hoping that you are alright
– It was indeed a pleasure knowing Raj. He will be deeply missed
– Our thoughts are always with you and your family members at the time of sorrow
– Wishing you peace as much as possible at this time of sorrow
– You are always there in our prayers as well as thoughts
– May you feel comfortable with those around you
– As you grieve, you must know that we all remember as well as honor Ashley
– Sending best wishes as well as hugs in this crucial time
– Rebecca will be in our hearts forever.
– Ashley will be there in our hearts and memories forever. Our thoughts are there with you during this crucial time
– I know that the card does not mean to do anything for you, but I want you to know that I am thinking of you at this time. I am deeply sorry for your loss
– I know that losing someone dear to us is heartbreaking, but they live through us and give us all the strength we need. The time we spend with our dear and loved ones never makes them apart from us.
– Words cannot tell or describe the loss we are all feeling now.
– Death, as well as life, are complicated things. The feeling that death follows can be easy to navigate with our loved ones.
– I am here for you, and you can count on me, always.
– Please accept my sympathy and condolence for your loss. Our thoughts are with you and your family members at such a crucial time of sorrow.
– It is true that I cannot imagine how you feel, but I am going to be by you through every step that you take.
– The process of life and death is super complex. The feeling that death follows can be easy to navigate with our loved ones. We are here with you, and we will help you go through this difficult phase.
– Cannot believe she is no more. Praying that her soul rests in peace.
– I cannot imagine what you must be feeling, but I surely want to express my deepest condolences to you. Please let me know by any means I can help you.
– Hope that the angles bring comfort and provide you the courage to face this time and loving memory to hold in your hearts forever.
– I am standing with you, and I will never let you face this thunder alone. I am here for you if you need anything
– When death takes place in a family, it leaves behind an emptiness. It can be filled with our loved ones with time. Please do reach out if there is something that I can do for you
– One of the storms we face in life is the passing of our dear ones. I am genuinely sorry for your loss, but I know you are strong enough to get through it
– We are truly sorry to hear about the loss of Rebecca. The passing of a dear one is not at all natural, but with time you will surely heal all wounds
– May all your cherished memory give you comfort and peace during this difficult time.
– Roy was a great person, and he gave us memories to cherish and remember him. I am lucky that I got to know him and cherish some memories with him
– I had never met someone like him.
– Your sister was an angel.
– We are extremely sorry for this unwanted loss. Joel was a great person; he will live in our minds forever
– I am sorry to hear of your mother’s passing, and I will always remember her as a kind, generous and loving woman.
– I cannot grasp the fact that Shaina is gone. I know she loved you, and you were her favorite; surely, you will miss her.
– Your mother is proud of you. We will remember her as an inspiring character
– Leon has touched our lives for the good. I am grateful that I had a chance to know him and become a part of his life. Yes, I will definitely miss him.
– Your grandfather blessed so many people with his kindness and faith. His qualities did us honor and revere him. May he rest peacefully.
– I know you forever, and I know how much Poppy means to you. He is in a better place now and taking care of you.
– Let us celebrate the life of John and how beautifully he spent each moment with us.
– Anna was a sweet girl and had a beautiful life. I am lucky to know her.
– John was a gift for all of us. We will never forget him
– Remembering your grandpa and wishing you acceptance and comfort through this difficult time
– We are thinking of you as you are celebrating your grandmother’s remarkable life.
– I loved her with all my life and now I will miss her the most.
– You were my best blessing. I will miss you, my sweet and loving son.
– I love you, and nothing can make me forget you. You will remain in my thoughts forever now.
😍 Want to Read More, Explore 👇 This Article
- 265+ Sympathy Messages for Loss of Son With Compassion! (Images)
- 487+ Condolence Messages to Employee Turning Empathy into Action! (Images)
- 655+ Sympathy Funeral Messages to Honor a Life Well Lived! (Images)
- 303+ Deep Sympathy Quotes To Console and Uplift Your Spirit (Images)
- 321+ Sympathy Messages for Loss of Father To Sharing in Sorrow! (Images)
“Business, marketing, and blogging – these three words describe me the best. I am the founder of Burban Branding and Media, and a self-taught marketer with 10 years of experience. My passion lies in helping startups enhance their business through marketing, HR, leadership, and finance. I am on a mission to assist businesses in achieving their goals.”