A memorial is an object, statue, or structure, often stupendous and enormous, that has been built to renown a famous person or an event.
It serves as a focus for the reminiscence or the celebration of something, usually a prestigious, deceased person or a historical, catastrophic event.
Popular forms of memorials include landmark objects or works of art such as monuments, sculptures, and parks.
memorial cards sayings
- “In Spite of the fact that it’s hard today to see beyond the sorrow, may looking back in memory help console you tomorrow.”
- “A beautiful life that came to an end; he died as he lived, everyone’s friend. In our hearts, a memory of him will always be kept, of the one we loved, and whom we will never forget.”
- “There is a bridge of memory, from earth to heaven above. It keeps you always close to us; it’s known as the bridge of love. May you always walk in the sunlight and God’s love around you flow, for the contentment you gave us, no one will ever know. It broke our hearts to lose you, but you did not go alone, for a part of us went with you the day God called you home.”
- “You’re Gone, yet not forgotten; even though we are apart, your spirit lives within me, forever and endlessly in my heart.”
- “May the road rise to meet you, May the wind be always at your back, May the sun shine warm upon your face, The rains fall soft upon your fields, And until we meet again, may God hold you in the hollow of His hand.”
- “Come to me, all of you who are exhausted from carrying your hefty loads, and I will give you rest.”
- “Those we love to remain with us for love itself lives on, and adored memories never grow dim because a loved one’s gone. Those we love can never be more than a thought distant from each other. For as long there is a memory, they’ll live on in our hearts.”
- “If tears could build a stair and heartache make a lane, I’d walk the path to heaven and bring you back again.”
- “God saw you were getting tired, and a cure was not to be, so He put his arms around you and whispered, “Come to Me.” With emotional eyes, we observed you and saw you pass away. Although we loved you dearly, we could not make you stay. A golden heart stopped beating, hard-working hands at rest. God broke our hearts to prove to us; He only takes the finest.”
- “Fill not your hearts with pain and sorrow, but remember me in every tomorrow. Remember the joy, the laughter, the smiles. I’ve only gone to rest a while. Although my leaving causes agony and misery, my going has eased my pain and given me reassurance. So dry your eyes and remember me, not as I am but as I used to be. Because I will look back on you all and look on with a smile. Comprehend in your hearts; I’ve only gone to rest awhile. As long as I have a love of you, I can live my life in the hearts of all of you.”
- “Those we love don’t go away; they walk beside us every day. Unseen, unheard, but always near. Still loved, still missed, and very dear.”
- “Those we hold most dear never truly leave us. They live on in the kindliness they showed, the solace they shared, and the love they brought into our lives.”
- “Your tender face and uncomplaining smile with dejection we recollect, you had a benevolent word for each And died beloved by all. The voice is mute and stills the heart That loved us well and true. Ah, bitter was the trial to part From one so good as you. You are not forgotten, loved one, nor will you ever be. As long as life and memory last, we will remember thee. We miss you now; our hearts are painful, and as time goes by, we miss you more. Your affectionate smile, your kind face, no one can fill your empty place.”
- “Don’t shed tears at my grave, for I am not there; I’ve set a date with a butterfly to whirl in the air. I’ll be singing in the sunshine, wild and free, playing tag with the wind, while I’m waiting for you.”
- “When those we love go away, they never really leave us; they are with us now, wherever we are. Those whom we have cherished live on forever, for love wraps itself around the heart. Although it’s difficult now, someday, beyond our tears and all the world’s wrongs, beyond the clouds and all that we can see and touch, we shall all understand.”
- “I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one; I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when the day is gone. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways of contented times, laughing times, and bright and sunny days. I’d like the tears of those who grieve to dry before the sun, of jolly memories that I leave when life is done.”
- “Do not stand at my grave and weep, I am not there. I do not sleep. I am a thousand winds that blow, I am the diamond glint on snow. I am the sunlight on ripened grain, I am the gentle autumn rain. When you wake in the morning silence, I am the prompt uplifting rush of quiet birds in circling flight. I am the mushy starlight at night. Do not stand at my grave and cry, I am not there. I did not die.”
- “No goodbye words were spoken, no time to say goodbye, you were gone before we knew it, and only God can tell us why. It broke my heart to lose you, but you didn’t go alone, for part of me went with you, the day God called you home.”
- “The love that’s deep within me Shall reach you from the stars, you’ll feel it from the heavens, and it will cure the blemish.”
- 300+ Thank You My Love Message and Quotes
- 200+ Happy Valentine Day Wishes For Everyone
- 53+ Happy Wedding Anniversary Words For Your Husband
- 135+ Best Fake Friend Quotes and Sayings
- 151+ Love Quotes by Famous People
Mark K. Stafford is an American English writer. He was born in Los Angeles and earned a BA from the University of California. He is a passionate author who wrote on Essays, Poetry, and Journalism. Now he writes full-time books and articles for TheWordyBoy.