It happens that several functions are being conducted in a college or university o any company. Some special guest/speaker will be invited as chief, and he/she will deliver the welcome address. There are several events for several purposes.
The Chief Guest will be invited to the college with a request letter submitted to the concerned person. Some colleges will call chief guests for their conference at National Level or International Level.
Some may call for their annual day function or sports day event. A graduation day function is also an important event for which the chief guest will be called.
If you are the one who arranges a function and needs to call a chief guest through a request letter inviting him/her, then the Chief Guest Invitation Wording Ideas below will be more helpful to you.
Chief Guest Invitation Wording Ideas
It is always seen that whenever there is any particular occasion or an event, the event coordinator invites a chief guest to make the evening more glamorous. The chief guest is expected to give a short speech at the event.
The chief guest is invited to the functions by sending a letter or an email to a concerned person. Some colleges and universities invite the chief guest to the sports day or annual day functions to encourage the students’ confidence.
However, sending an invitation wording to the chief guest needs to be more than perfect in every way possible. Coming up with the invitation wording ideas is tricky. So to help you out, here is a list of some of the Chief Guest invitation wording ideas.
- Respected Sir, Our college is going to conduct its annual day on ________ [Write the date of a function here]. In this connection, we cordially invite you to our 23rd annual day and make it a special day for our college students/staff/management.
- Dear Sir, we are glad to inform you that we are arranging a college day at our college. We would be most honored if you can be our college day’s chief guest and deliver your keynote address to the gatherings. We look forward to hearing your positive confirmation of our college day invitation.
- Respected Sir, as we are celebrating the annual day, your presence is highly expected. Please remain present at the mentioned venue and oblige us. We will be waiting for you.
- Dear Sir, Hope to find you in good health condition. I am writing to inform you regarding the basketball tournament of 2013-2014. The organizer has decided the date of 20th December 2016 on Friday.
- Dear celeb, we are arranging a basketball tournament at our university. Students are taking part with much enthusiasm. At the auspicious moment, your kind presence as a chief guest will make the evening glamorous.
- Respected sir, as we have called for an important event at our university, we cordially invite you to this event. Kindly make out some time and appear in between us all as an honorable chief guest. This will enhance the privilege of our event and make the event more sophisticated.
- I am writing to inform you regarding the farewell party of the MPhil biochemistry batch 2013-2014. The management has decided on the date 20th December 2016 on Friday. We will be eagerly looking for you.
- Dear sir, at our college’s annual, Students are participating with enthusiasm. Your kind presence as a chief guest will make the evening glamorous at the auspicious moment. Kindly make out some time and appear as an honorable chief guest between us.
- Dear Sir, It is to humbly invite you as our esteemed chief guest at the inaugural ceremony of (School/Institute name) on (date and time). We initially started from a coaching academy to facilitate the students, after continuously delivering successful results, we expanded our services to 3 (more/less) different areas in the city.
- Respected celeb, assessing the outgrowing needs for education, we decided to set up a proper school where students will be provided with high-quality education standards and learn in a competitive and challenging environment. Your graceful presence at the inaugural ceremony as the education minister will be a source of inspiration for the youth. Kindly accept our invitation.
- Dear honorable chief guest, [host name] would like to extend her cordial invitation to a [theme] Tea Party. [day of week], [date] at [time] in the afternoon. Hosted at her home [address]. Fine teas will be brewed, and delicate finger sandwiches shall be enjoyed.
- Dear chief guest, On the auspicious occasion of the Golden Wedding Anniversary of my grandparents, I invite you to the grand dinner at my residence. The dinner is scheduled to be on 18 March at 8:30 pm. Kindly confirm your presence by 15 March.
- Respected sir, Our school is organizing its Annual Sports Day on 30th November, 20XX. Your gracious presence will act as a catalyst and inspire us all. You are requested to hand over the prizes to the budding sportspersons of the school in our school grounds at 2 pm.
Kindly confirm your availability by 20 November.
- Dear Sir, It will really be a great pleasure to have your warm presence at the grand event at our house. We will be honored if you come to our party, and the party will be highly delighted with your auspicious presence.
- Respected chief guest, I at this moment inform you to join my house premises 2 Kha 4, Jawahar Nagar on 10th March 2017 from 11 pm. Hope you will be able to put in some time and can join the party. And I hope that you will provide me with a positive response. Your presence matters to my family and me.
- Respected celeb, It will really be a great pleasure to have your warm presence at _______ (the venue). We will be honored if you come to our party, and our party will become delighted with your auspicious presence.
- Dear (GUEST name), We are honored and pleased to invite you as our chief guest to the annual gathering dinner that will take place at the [Hilton Hotel] on [Saturday, 12 July 2019]. It would be such a huge privilege to have you with us on this special occasion.
- Dear sir, as we celebrate our annual day, we request you to be our chief guest and oblige us. As our chief guest, the audience will look forward to hearing a small speech from you within the spirit of the event. A ten to fifteen minutes speech would be perfect. Everyone is certainly thrilled and excited to hear your thoughts and your take on this occasion.
- Dear [Chief Guest Name], In celebrating [World Wellness Day], we are privileged to welcome you to the evening party as our chief guest to this special event. The party will be held at the [Hilton Hotel] on [Saturday, 12 July 2019].
- Respected Sir, I am writing this letter to request your honorable presence in gracing our school’s annual day celebration this May 17, 2013. We would be most honored if you can be our event`s chief guest and present a short speech in conjunction with the event.
- Dear (chief guest’s name), My name is (insert your name) from (your college/organization). In celebration of women`s day, we`d like to have you as our special guest for our event. It will be held on (insert date) at (insert location). The event starts at (insert time) and ends at (insert time). Attached is the program for the event to serve as your reference.
- Dear Sir / Madam, Next month, we will be having a school event about investing and knowing you as a prominent and successful person in the area, we would like to invite you to speak. Please confirm your availability so we can finalize our program.
Are you planning a more formal Business party? We have classic business party invitation wording ideas, too.
What To Write In A Chief Guest Invitation?
- Ask your to-be guest politely to be a chief at the party
- Let them know why you chose them
- Mention the details of the function
- Mention the venue for the function
How To Respond To The Chief Guest Invitation?
- Thank your host for picking you as the chief guest
- Let them know if you accept the invitation
- Mention that you would be more than happy to be a chief
- If you cannot accept, send a note of apology
How To Invite Special Guests To An Event?
- You can write a letter or send an email with the details of the event.
- You can personally book an appointment and pay a visit to the person and invite him/her.
- You can brief about the advantages of the event to the society and all the safety precautions that will be taken.
- You can mention the venue of the event, the date and time, and also the theme of the event.
How To Invite a Chief Guest For An Event?
- Begin the letter with a warm greeting.
- You can explain your relationship with the chief guest or why you are interested in making him/her be your chief guest at the event.
- You can briefly explain to him/her about the event in which you want the chief guest to be present.
- You should be thankful enough in the letter and explain your high desire and how much you want his/her presence at the event.
- You can send him/her a letter one week before the event to make him/her arrange all the plans periodically.
Here is the big list of All Invitation Wording ideas that cover over 501+ of All Parties, Events, and related to Businesses. Also, We Crafted Catchy Ready-made Invitation Card Canva Templates for you.
- Graduation Party Invitation: 247+ Best Wording Ideas
- Award Ceremony Invitation: 201+ Best Wordings And Messages
- Thank You Principal: 251+ Messages and Words to Share
- 201+ Student Council Quotes That Win Elections
- Ugly Sweater Party Invitation: 165+ Wording Ideas to write
Mark K. Stafford is an American English writer. He was born in Los Angeles and earned a BA from the University of California. He is a passionate author who wrote on Essays, Poetry, and Journalism. Now he writes full-time books and articles for TheWordyBoy.